The OMNISĀ© Friending Machine The OMNISĀ© Friending Machine

Nice work. i like the art style and the concept (and pun) is suitably entertaining! Dialogue is pretty good too, but the plot is a little predictable, what with them becoming misanthropic murdering machines. Would have been nice to see a different take on the sentient machine issue.
Overall though it was fun!

Travelling Deity - Part 1: The Ruden Travelling Deity - Part 1: The Ruden

Somehow, after seeing The Reward i've missed all the other stuff you've produced. Really happy to see this! Like the themesong at the start and the music throughout, the sometimes it seems a little /too/ epic for the events taking place on screen. You know the little musical joke when the chicken kinda thing (creat character design btw) tries to set out on its journey and immediately falls over, that joke doesn't work so well because there are these sort of epic brass preludes throughout.
That's a very minor criticism thougha nd overall the quality of the animation was amazing!

MIZE - DAVE & BETH MIZE - DAVE & BETH

Really great timing with the song, not only in terms of synching but also in terms of illustrating the lyrics. Love to see some fbf that clearly has some work put into it. What did you make this in? It almost looks like it could be paint. I liked teh sick transitions but personally not a big fan of sometimes having the actually lyrics written on the screen. Seems redundant: we don't need to read the words if we can hear them. One other thing i didn't like is the "zoom" or "wind" effect where you draw various lines circling round the screen and vibrating a bit (e.g. 0:01 to 0:04) especially when you already have a cool alternative (the expanding circles, 0:05 - 0:12). Anyhow overall it was really fun, deserves a higher score!

Running Man Running Man

Whilst the chord pattern is nice and the melody is perfectly catchy, the repetition is a little too regular to really catch a listeners (or at least this listeners) attention. The more fuzzy/distorted high pitched synth that comes in around 1 minute doesn't sound too nice either, though certainly the layering of various melodies and rythms makes this part more interesting.
I also think structurally you could have done something mroe interesting than bring in the various parts to a peak and then to take them out again in, what i think was, the same order.
I'm deliberately pointing out the things that I don''t like in what is perhaps a misguided attempt to be helpful, but I shouldn't neglect to mention that I did enjoy the melody and the sound of the bassier parts at around 1:40 onwards.

Seldom Spoken Seldom Spoken

I'm surprised your work isn't more popular, it sounds really professional and you obviously know a lot about composition. I liked this piece, it reminded me of some of Max Ricther's work. The trilling/distorting piano fragments are really interesting, adds a lot of depths to the sound. In fact teh whole thing sounds really three dimensional and engrossing.
Glad to have stumbled across you!
(Also really interesting to hear about this tintinnabuli technique, something i'd never heard of)

sleepFacingWest responds:

Thanks! Yeah, tintinnabulation is great, but tends to force a very specific sound. Thanks for the comparison to Max Richter. I love his work (though haven't followed a lot of what he's been doing in recent years).

Running Running

I really liked it! Strong driving energy and nicely mixed instruments. The melodic synth that enters at 1:00 plays a pretty boring little descent though. You introduce a little complexity at 1:17 but the ryhtm remains plodidng and stagnant.
Overall though i enjoyed the song!

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, i'll be sure to take your review for future songs :)
I see it's a little boring, probably could've done a higher pitch and or probably a more vibrant synth.

Thanks for the review, i'll be sure to fix it before uploading to youtube soon :)

Shark teeth - Cheese merchant Shark teeth - Cheese merchant

I like it though i think the combination of the sharp outlines, the slightly textured filter thrown on top and the gradient glow of the white doesn't work very well. Especially in the centre of the image where the sillhouted women has none of the textured pattern on her but has the whtie light make her sligthed faded, it almost seems as though the image is a photo of a glossy photograph.
The sky also seems a bit lazy. What is supposed to be suggetsed by the blue shapes?
I like the copmisition and i like the stylization of the people and the slightly exagerated perspective.

RVHCreations responds:

Thanks man, this is a speed painting, so there are a lot of things that are not perfect for sure. The main thing I am trying to do here is create a mood and small story. I also like to leave mistakes because it somehow shows the artistic side of it. But it can be better of course! I see it as a compromise between time and concept creativity. You can't make a concept without applying the needed basics, but when you have to do it in a short time, what are the best things to do first etc... blabla but anyway thanks for your feedback can sure be helpful

I don't know... I don't know...

Reminds me of Roy Lichenstein. It's pretty nice and I like the Ben-Day dot effect. I don't like the gradient background though and I'm not sure about the font. I'd prefer it a little more symmetrical/equal. The colors pop well and I like the shadows round her neck!

Carr77 responds:

Aw, thank you! I'll think about that in the future :D
Comments do really make me happy!

Ladder Ladder

Ha ha, took me a while to get it but once I did it had me cracking up. Love it, cute art style too!

ChazDude responds: