Seldom Spoken Seldom Spoken

I'm surprised your work isn't more popular, it sounds really professional and you obviously know a lot about composition. I liked this piece, it reminded me of some of Max Ricther's work. The trilling/distorting piano fragments are really interesting, adds a lot of depths to the sound. In fact teh whole thing sounds really three dimensional and engrossing.
Glad to have stumbled across you!
(Also really interesting to hear about this tintinnabuli technique, something i'd never heard of)

sleepFacingWest responds:

Thanks! Yeah, tintinnabulation is great, but tends to force a very specific sound. Thanks for the comparison to Max Richter. I love his work (though haven't followed a lot of what he's been doing in recent years).

Running Running

I really liked it! Strong driving energy and nicely mixed instruments. The melodic synth that enters at 1:00 plays a pretty boring little descent though. You introduce a little complexity at 1:17 but the ryhtm remains plodidng and stagnant.
Overall though i enjoyed the song!

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, i'll be sure to take your review for future songs :)
I see it's a little boring, probably could've done a higher pitch and or probably a more vibrant synth.

Thanks for the review, i'll be sure to fix it before uploading to youtube soon :)

Terrain Terrain

Whilst chord progression is perfectly pleasant on the ears (though not particularly interesting), the arpeggios that enter at around 0:8 don't harmonize with them in any coherent way. Perhaps you were trying to create a sense of subtle menace through the discordance, but even if you were, i don't think it sounds particularly good. Likewise with the strings.
I don't know much about drums so I won't comment on that other than to say that i liked the symbol at 0:21.
In general my advice would be to focus more on melody and harmony before layering loops on top of each other

caicos caicos

I like the chord pattern and the ambiance of the space station chatter. Interesting song structure, i certainly feel a certain decay after 2:12. Almost a submergence or a CCTV review of the day. But then things build again and enter a new pitch of excitement with the drums. I always enjoy your melodies and especially so in this one!

all_the_fun_of_the_circus all_the_fun_of_the_circus

It's pied3 here, not been as active on the internet recently so it's cool to see how much new stuff you've released this year! I like the instrumentation on this one and the melodies too. The laughter was pretty unnerving especially with the entrance of the escalating sharp-attack synth. The rhythm is weighty enough to get me rolling through the song and i enjoyed how things turned out. 1:46 - 1:54 is so flighty, definitely my favorite part!

Kimo's Voice-Act Demo Reel 201 Kimo's Voice-Act Demo Reel 201

Ha ha, fun stuff! Good range of different voices and they're all very lively.

LemKuuja responds:

Thanks :D
I'm still 16 years old, and my voice hasn't completely matured yet.
I believe I'll be able to do better stuff when I get older.

Communications Satellite Communications Satellite

Mmm I'm liking your vibes. Heard of vaporwave? If not, check it out. Don't make this sort of music myself so I don't have any advice beyond keep it up!

Metastable-Steve responds:

Thanks. I've never heard of "vaporwave" before now. I'll check it out.

Heaven - InfernoZN Heaven - InfernoZN

I like the opening, fun instrumentation what with the strings and 8-bit/chiptune sounding synth. The strings could start out a little quieter, it's sort of blasting my ears right from the start. The synth that enters at 0:30 and the rhythm it plays clash a bit with the strings and their rhythm. Very epic sounding around the 01:00 mark. But again I think the synth and strings don't work well together, are they in a different time signature or something? 01:43 is nice, I like the timpani apart from the strange sounding hi-hat (maybe?) that doesn't really fit. The bells are a nice touch.
Overall pretty enjoyable listen, I like the varied song structure and instrumentation and the melodies are all nice and uplifting!

Free2Play responds:

Thanks man!

I agree with the beginning, that ended up being a groaner for me after uploading it.

I think the issue with the strings that you and JoshuaHughes pointed out was that there aren't any examples of the acoustic instruments doing any rhythm. All the synths take the rhythmic parts and the acoustic instruments sort of act like a varied pad and take the melody. I think that hurts trying to make them feel seamless.

That's probably why the build up to the chorus worked a little better.

Thanks alot! Great advice that I'll definitely keep in mind!

Inner Demons Inner Demons

The opening "don't" sounds a little breathy, do you use a pop shield? Apart from that I like how creepy it is, cool use of panning!

TheShii responds:

I do have a pop shield, though my set up isn't exactly how I imagine to have it in the end. I'm currently constructing a sort of nook to house my mic stand to cancel out any excess feed, as well as a possible added mic cover. I had to go a little heavy with the noise canceling filters during post process so that plus the echo might have added the unpleasantness.

Orbit Orbit

I like the opening riff but the drums that come in sound quite tinny and flat. The beat is a little too plain for me. Awesome break down at 0:38! Love the slides and the dreamy reverb, great feel to it. Makes me think of a rainforest. Interesting mix of electronic beats and guitar, and I like the song structure, it has a nice progression to it that kept me engaged