The OMNISĀ© Friending Machine The OMNISĀ© Friending Machine

Nice work. i like the art style and the concept (and pun) is suitably entertaining! Dialogue is pretty good too, but the plot is a little predictable, what with them becoming misanthropic murdering machines. Would have been nice to see a different take on the sentient machine issue.
Overall though it was fun!

Travelling Deity - Part 1: The Ruden Travelling Deity - Part 1: The Ruden

Somehow, after seeing The Reward i've missed all the other stuff you've produced. Really happy to see this! Like the themesong at the start and the music throughout, the sometimes it seems a little /too/ epic for the events taking place on screen. You know the little musical joke when the chicken kinda thing (creat character design btw) tries to set out on its journey and immediately falls over, that joke doesn't work so well because there are these sort of epic brass preludes throughout.
That's a very minor criticism thougha nd overall the quality of the animation was amazing!

MIZE - DAVE & BETH MIZE - DAVE & BETH

Really great timing with the song, not only in terms of synching but also in terms of illustrating the lyrics. Love to see some fbf that clearly has some work put into it. What did you make this in? It almost looks like it could be paint. I liked teh sick transitions but personally not a big fan of sometimes having the actually lyrics written on the screen. Seems redundant: we don't need to read the words if we can hear them. One other thing i didn't like is the "zoom" or "wind" effect where you draw various lines circling round the screen and vibrating a bit (e.g. 0:01 to 0:04) especially when you already have a cool alternative (the expanding circles, 0:05 - 0:12). Anyhow overall it was really fun, deserves a higher score!

Seldom Spoken Seldom Spoken

I'm surprised your work isn't more popular, it sounds really professional and you obviously know a lot about composition. I liked this piece, it reminded me of some of Max Ricther's work. The trilling/distorting piano fragments are really interesting, adds a lot of depths to the sound. In fact teh whole thing sounds really three dimensional and engrossing.
Glad to have stumbled across you!
(Also really interesting to hear about this tintinnabuli technique, something i'd never heard of)

sleepFacingWest responds:

Thanks! Yeah, tintinnabulation is great, but tends to force a very specific sound. Thanks for the comparison to Max Richter. I love his work (though haven't followed a lot of what he's been doing in recent years).

Running Running

I really liked it! Strong driving energy and nicely mixed instruments. The melodic synth that enters at 1:00 plays a pretty boring little descent though. You introduce a little complexity at 1:17 but the ryhtm remains plodidng and stagnant.
Overall though i enjoyed the song!

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, i'll be sure to take your review for future songs :)
I see it's a little boring, probably could've done a higher pitch and or probably a more vibrant synth.

Thanks for the review, i'll be sure to fix it before uploading to youtube soon :)

Terrain Terrain

Whilst chord progression is perfectly pleasant on the ears (though not particularly interesting), the arpeggios that enter at around 0:8 don't harmonize with them in any coherent way. Perhaps you were trying to create a sense of subtle menace through the discordance, but even if you were, i don't think it sounds particularly good. Likewise with the strings.
I don't know much about drums so I won't comment on that other than to say that i liked the symbol at 0:21.
In general my advice would be to focus more on melody and harmony before layering loops on top of each other

I don't know... I don't know...

Reminds me of Roy Lichenstein. It's pretty nice and I like the Ben-Day dot effect. I don't like the gradient background though and I'm not sure about the font. I'd prefer it a little more symmetrical/equal. The colors pop well and I like the shadows round her neck!

Carr77 responds:

Aw, thank you! I'll think about that in the future :D
Comments do really make me happy!

Ladder Ladder

Ha ha, took me a while to get it but once I did it had me cracking up. Love it, cute art style too!

ChazDude responds:

ty :]

The Funeral The Funeral

Ah i really like this! I like the composition and i love the colors, especially the blue of the peoples' skin. The flowers on either side are a nice touch and help frame the dead man. The concept is really cool too, i like the double faces, how they extend upwards, their maniacal expressions, it's all very engaging.

linda-mota responds:

the blue/purple thing happened by accidnt btw, kinda went with it cause yknw why now? anyway thk u for the nice reveiw!